Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Post-Op Day 1 (in many ways)



Well, I am at day one after my cataract surgery -- The doctor found a small retinal horseshoe tear, and repaired it via laser in his office. Other than that -- the surgery was successful so far. They predicted that I would have no better than 20/60 vision, yet at day 1 I have 20/50, and may continue to improve.

I am still healing in the right eye -- it is still quite fuzzy, but the doctor said it is getting better every visit -- I am probably looking at 2-3 months for complete return. This eye has also developed a trauma-induced cataract which my doctor will have to remove at a later date.

I CAN READ! Trust me -- this passage from Amos never struck me so hard -- Amos 8:11 Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord God... when I will send a famine on the land — not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord, They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the Lord, but they shall not find it.

I was hearing the Word of God (I will soon tell of the phenomenal preaching done in my absence!), but being able to pick up the Word and just READ IT was missing for the last 2 months.

I will be reflecting on this two months of blindness as strength allows -- I do not want to overdue it, as I am not out of the woods yet. Lots more gray in the hair, and a weight loss of 15 pounds is a reminder of the track that I have passed through... Yet God was faithful in SO MANY ways through it all...

Thank you all for your many prayers, and Bugs: it looks like I might actually SEE you while you are here! :-)

2 comments:

Even So... said...

Glory to God...

Neil said...

Praise to God.

You once again have better vision than me! I'm 20/220.

I'll call you when I arrive.