Friday, January 25, 2008

The Challenge

Well, I am going to try and take Timmy Brister's challenge (found here http://timmybrister.com/2008/01/07/join-the-2008-puritan-reading-challenge/). I cannot get it to hyperlink, and quite frankly, I don't feel well enough to work through it at this point.

Likewise, try as I might, I cannot get the 'button' to show up in my sidebar, but if you go there, you will see that there is a challenge to read a Puritan book/month for the entire 2008 time frame.

Here is the list, and yes, I am getting a late start, so Mr. Sibbes might have to wait until I can squeeze him in during another cycle.

Timmy Brister’s Puritan Challenge:

January: The Bruised Reed by Richard Sibbes (128 pp)
February: The Mystery of Providence by John Flavel (221 pp)
March: The Godly Man’s Picture by Thomas Watson (252 pp)
April: Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices by Thomas Brooks (253 pp)
May: Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ by John Bunyan (225 pp)
June: The Mortification of Sin by John Owen (130 pp)
July: A Lifting Up for the Downcast by William Bridge (287 pp)
August: The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (228 pp)
September: The True Bounds of Christian Freedom by Samuel Bolton (224 pp)
October: The Christian’s Great Interest by William Guthrie (207 pp)
November: The Reformed Pastor by Richard Baxter (256 pp)
December: A Sure Guide to Heaven by Joseph Alleine (148 pp)

I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: