Monday, May 14, 2007

I'm Back

I had a very blessed time at Alistair Begg’s Basic conference – I have gone six years running, and while I have been blessed and refreshed every year, I believe that this was one of the better conferences. The speakers were great: Voddie Baucham, Edward Lobb, and Derek Thomas (one of my favorite speakers!). The only downer about the conference was that Alistair’s participation was very limited due to his recent surgery.

Keep him in your prayers!

The entire event was blogged by Tim Challies. I was able to meet Tim very briefly at the end of the conference, as well as the rest of the speakers. It was a pleasure meeting all of them.

One of the deacons at the church, Jim, and I then rode our bikes back to Dallas. We hit only one section of rain, which is pretty amazing considering that the trip took us through nine states, most of which were getting tornadoes and thunderstorms!

The stats:

Mileage – 2650 Miles
Days – 6
Hours on the bikes – 46
Attending the conference and passing through nine states – priceless.

2 comments:

Even So... said...

Glad to have you back, brother...

Ray said...

Thanks man -- Now, I hope to get more consistent in my posting...