Thursday, May 03, 2007

Update

I will be visiting the topic of prayer now and again for, as my friend Dave says, it is what drives our church. However, I am going to be starting a new series regarding the problems/issues of small churches and their pastors. We, in the smaller churches, (less than 100), face concerns unique to our size, and even somewhat, to our location.

While there are many who have spoken much more eloquently on this, I wanted to just post a series of observations that I have collected over the years of being involved in, and pastoring small churches. Again, these will probably not be news to anyone, I just wanted to put them up in case some other small church pastor was feeling like he was alone, and facing issues that no one had ever faced before.

I won’t have answers for everything, but I will make some basic observations about most things, and I am sure that some of my friends may be able to add to this. Before I start this series I will be heading to Alistair Begg’s Basics Conference, but wanted to provide a preview to inform everyone that I have not stopped posting, but have been completely consumed the past few weeks.

2 comments:

Mike said...

"I won’t have answers for everything,"

And you call yourself a pastor?!

:-)

Neil said...

Oh man, I'm only 117 miles northeast of you (as the gull flies across lake erie).