Friday, November 11, 2005

Quick Note

I just received in the mail, the 1689 Baptist Confession (the 2nd London Confession), and have eagerly begun reading it. As I stated before; as I read through the various confessions, and statements, I hope to be able to post some observations.

The depth of thought in the Confessions is amazing! These were not men who developed a statement of faith about their church over their morning breakfast cereal (it seems that many do!).

I also like the fact that they developed a confession built around what they BELIEVE, NOT around what they do not believe! We could use more via affirmativa in our argumentation today. I believe that a balance of both is important, but it seems that we lean too far one way (negativa).

I look forward to reading through these confessions!

1 comment:

Matthew Celestine said...

I have got a Calvinist friend who is leading Bible studies on the London Baptist Confession. I do not really agree with all of its theology, but it is an interesting document.

God Bless