Monday, February 25, 2008

Yesterday

I have been speaking on the cost of discipleship (read my last two posts), and yesterday after the service a young lady came up and gave her life to Christ. What is amazing is that we do not have altar calls at our church, I will even say (as I have been teaching through this series), that one is to count the cost of knowing Christ. I truly believe and have seen that the Holy Spirit regenerates a heart, and not persuasive, and often manipulative words, from a pastor.

This young lady came forward, spoke with me, obviously understood what she was saying and prayed with me. It is so incredibly humbling to be a small part of God's work on Earth -- what an honor to be able to share in the glorious moment of a new believer coming to Christ!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thrill of seeing a person come to Christ can match no other experience in all existance. Sometimes (through Satan's trying to influence us), we are tempted to see conversion as someone coming into "our group." What really happens is that a soul has its direction changed for ALL ETERNITY! There are no words that help me get my mind completely around that. Yesterday was an incredible day for us. May we have many more.

Dave
daveinlewisville@email.com

Ray said...

I agree -- that is exactly what I told Glore this morning... We just witnessed an event with eternal implications -- man, that is amazing, and as I said, humbling...

Thanks for being there!

Ray