Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Busy!

This is a post that I believe the Pyro crew would call WIARN -- "Where I Am Right Now".

You may have noticed that I have not posted in over a week at this location. Simply put, I have been underwater -- my 'secular' job has been consuming me, I have Passover Seder coming up, as well as the Easter morning service. I also have several counseling sessions going on and a new bird at home to boot!

I must be honest; there are times when I wish I was NOT a bi-vocational pastor. There is much to be said for being bi-vocational, i.e. getting out into the community, functioning in a role that helps me identify with the congregation etc., but there are also times when it would be nice to simply be able to focus for long periods of time on the job at hand at the church.

Truthfully, without the fantastic folks at the church, I could never accomplish what I do -- but I feel like I could be a better pastor to them if I were able to spend more time being a pastor. At times I feel like I am 'robbing' them because of the other demands on my time.

So, I apologize for the spotty posting, but for now, it will have to be that way... If I do not have time for the important things, then this blog will definitely be lower on the list... I hope to dig my way out in the next three weeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're "robbing" no one. We are more than blessed to have you as our pastor, bi-vocational or otherwise.

My dad was a bi-vocational pastor and I'll give you the same advice someone gave him:

"When you're at the 'end of your rope,' tie a knot in it and hang on. Rescue will come!

You and my dad were both sailors. The knot-tying should be the easy part.

We love you Pastor Ray! Just keep Psalm 31:24 in your heart: "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD."

daveinlewisville@email.com

Neil said...

Hi Ray!

Ray said...

Hey Bugs! I have not disappeared off the face of the Earth -- just a bit overwhelmed... I am hoping to start blogging again soon...

Thanks for stopping by...